- Download and install Psi
- Add your google talk account to Psi, using instructions provided by google
- Once signed in, open up service discovery
- While google doesn’t have any transport protocols registered, them enabling XMPP federation means you can use the transports protocols defined on any other federated server. So, pick out a Reputable looking server, type it in, and hit browse.
- Register all the transport protocols you would like to use on that server
- Close Psi
- Open ichat, log in to google talk
- Begin the slow and arduous task of adding nicknames/vcards for everyone now added to your buddy list, as ichat/jabber/whatever isn’t smart enough to pull them automatically.
Voila! No more Adium, no more Psi, just the clean look of iChat filling your desktop.